Saturday, March 21, 2009

Balance

Current Location: Uncle Sassafras (car); parking lot at my apartment complex office
Currently Listening: Brooke Fraser
Currently Wanting: More


After another month-long hiatus, I'm afraid yet again I have very little to bring to the table.

This word has been very intriguing to me for the last several years - ever since the day I finally realized that I (and everyone else) am fallen, broken, and in desperate need of grace & mercy. The Bible says that for those who trust in Jesus to do so, they will be rescued from these bodies of sin & death. Until that day comes, for those who believe, Jesus asks us to live our lives in spite of this, reflecting the glory of the One who delivered us by living so much unlike who we are in our nature. He knows that until we leave these bodies, and until He comes to rule this earth, our flesh & spirit will war against each other for the balance of power in our lives. Far too often, that balance in my lives is shifted in the wrong direction. In a roundabout way, I think this is God's goal for me as I wait for Christ's return - balance. Balance between facing the truth of who I came into this world as, and eradicating that with the truth of who I am in Christ, and who God created me to be. I must confess:

This body cannot take much more.

We are an unbalanced people, of whom I am chief.

I'm ready for this power struggle to end.

I long for balance.

I long for Home.

God, help me.

2 comments:

deliveredjude said...

I can definitely resonate (thanks to Dr. Tarrant) with this post. I think the most common feeling in my life is one of feeling torn. Torn about all sorts of things. Alas, we are here for while we're here. I will definitely keep you in my prayers on this one. It's a tough battle of which I can relate to, but I don't fully understand where you are cause I'm not you, but I do know I can pray and support and love you.

I hope we can talk soon. Sorry my life doesn't allow tons of time for this right now. :( BUT, soon and very soon, my friend. :)

Much love from God's heartland....(ha).

- Nic

Andy Dale said...

Love you, dude.