Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Burnout

Has anything ever given you that "uggghhh" feeling on contact? If so, then you know as well as I do that it's the feeling of burnout. I'm definitely feeling it too - enough that I've almost stopped caring about the 30 hour/week quota I'm required to meet. You know you're burnt out on your job when you're ok with not meeting the biggest requirement for keeping your job.

It's fitting that the header on my blog says "The Other Side...Of What?", because for now I know "what" - Friday. But it's not just the start of any weekend to rest up for the next week. This Friday marks the start of my week of paid vacation! While the rest of our short-handed staff is slaving away, I'll be experiencing a different kind of burnout: the kind that involves the sun, my white skin getting less white, and of course, hot white sandy beaches!

Of course after that's all over, I'll be back to the daily grind...unpaid overtime, pee tests, driving a big ugly blue van around the KC suburbs, bureaucracy, you name it. But all I know is that next week I won't have to worry about that. And, without next week, the week after next would suck even worse.

No comments: